Derma Sciences 31022 Calcium Alginate Dressing Leptospermum Medihoney
A novel honey-based dressing for lightly to moderately to heavily exuding wounds. The dressing contains 95% Active Leptospermum Honey, can be used to cover a shallow wound or fill a deep wound, and provides a moist environment conducive to wound healing. Active Leptospermum Honey has been shown to have several properties which assist in promoting an optimal healing environment. It has a low pH, and has been shown to help lower the overall wound pH, which is beneficial to chronic wounds. The honey is also highly osmotic, which assists in debridement and keeping the wound bed clean. This non-toxic dressing can be used as a cornerstone for wound bed preparation and throughout all the phases of wound healing.
- Wound care for diabetic foot ulcers, arterial leg ulcers, venous stasis leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, 1st and 2nd degree burns and donor sites
- Can be used in all stages of wound healing
- Helps to lower overall wound pH
- Cleanses and Debrides
- Provides a moist, occlusive environment conducive to optimal wound healing
- As wound exudate is absorbed, a gel forms, making wound dressings easy to remove without disrupting the wound bed
Manufacturer: Derma Sciences
Product Size: 2" x 2"